Bar G&V provides guaranteed sophistication and downright delicious cocktails.
This bar makes mixology an art – quite literally. The drinks list is inspired by watercolours (and yes, the menu does come with a complimentary paintbrush). Sadly, Sex on the Beach is off the menu – you won’t find traditional cocktails here. Instead, there is a range of bespoke drinks inspired by botanical Europe, like Lavender Fields and the Apple Jar. The tapas menu offers a selection of Mediterranean-inspired bar bites, such as calamari, chorizo and zucchini frites. The sharing boards are your basic meat and cheese varieties, but prove yet again that simplicity done well is always a good thing. This is an upmarket bar with a first-rate drinks menu – a perfect start to a night at next door's hit Italian Cucina, or simply to be enjoyed on its own.
- High point: Exceptional cocktails
- Low point: Tapas portions are a little small
- Notable dish: Meat board
- Private dining: A private room can be booked through the hotel
- No. overnight rooms: 136
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live DJs 6 - 12 on Saturdays
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £21 per bottle