Buzzy's Restaurant and Bar
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 248 3969
- Bar open Sun–Wed 11am–7pm; Thu 11am–9pm; Fri/Sat 11am–11pm.
- Food served Sun–Wed 10am–7pm; Thu–Fri 10am–9pm; Sat 10am-9.30pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.princessquare.tv
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Princes Square has become somewhat of a dining haven for shoppers. Among the eclectic range of dining options is Buzzy Wares, which has held residence in the square’s courtyard for over 25 years. The North American / Mexican menu plays it relatively safe (think nachos and quesadillas) but executes most to a high degree. Enfrijoladas – crisp tortilla topped with chipotle pork – makes for a sizable and punchy starter that is topped with pico de gallo and refritos. A salmon and pea fishcake is boosted by the addition of smoked fish and lifted by a sharp, homemade tartar sauce. A series of burgers, including a surprisingly well paired cajun spiced and blue cheese combination, accompanies fajitas, enchiladas, and meat dishes in a lengthy main course list. Artisan hot dogs, with a suggested pairing of Prosecco, also make an on-trend appearance. Cheesecake is a house speciality and justifiably so; the New York style of baking the dessert can prove tricky yet this is a fine example of how it can work.
- High point: Great for families
- Low point: Menu very confused
- Notable dish: Bannoffee cheesecake
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 1988
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle