- Telephone 0141 341 6516
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm
- Average price (lunch)
- Website www.bovinerestaurant.com/essentials/…
Sitting at the crest of Byres Road, Bobar is a gateway to experience great sharing boards, skilful mixology and hearty burgers.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With a new food and cocktail menu focusing on modern classics, Bobar aims to capitalise on the publics burgeoning demand for authenticity. They’ve cunningly decided to simplify their menu by focusing on fresh local Scottish ingredients displayed through sumptuous meat, fish and vegetable sharing boards. Their raw ingredients kitchen will happily prepare the best cured meats, breads, dips and vegetables these shores have to offer while swiftly mixing together a classic cocktail to maximize the experience. The cocktail’s themselves are a discerning change from the previous menu with Old Fashioneds, Manhattans and White Ladies mixing with an Angostura Rum and sherry-infused Consulate. With these clever changes Bobar hopes to blend the authentic with a heady mix of nostalgia while building on its already sizable popularity.
- High point: Fine cocktails
- Low point: Bar staff may occasionally forget about you
- Notable dish: Classic burger
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul, Jazz and Acoustic.
- Capacity: 150/160
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
The List Eating & Drinking Guide Awards for 2013 announced18 Apr 2013
Winners of the annual Best Newcomer Awards in Glasgow and Edinburgh
With the publication of its Eating & Drinking Guide for 2013, The List announced the winners of its annual Best Newcomer Awards. Selected from restaurants opening in Edinburgh and Glasgow since April 2012, the winners are chosen by the guide's…