- Telephone 0141 341 6516
- Opening times Mon–Thu & Sun 10am–midnight; Fri & Sat 10am–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm
- Average price £10.50 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.bovinerestaurant.com
Hilton-owned bar dedicated to the wonders of gin, with a menu of world gins, perfect serves and cocktails.
'Let the taste discovery beGin' promises this Hilton-owned gin bar. Here the juniper spirit reigns supreme, with a dedicated menu grouping the bottles by style – floral, world, new age and spiced. Choose the perfect serve to enjoy it as the gin maker intended, or get creative with your own mixer and garnish, eschewing the humble lime for basil, pink peppercorn or grapes. It's a sleek space, with bronze walls, copper pipes and plenty of room for big groups on the sofas. Those unusual sorts who don't want gin can enjoy draught from Goose Island Beer Co., well-crafted cocktails, a range of whisky and prosecco on tap. The menu of bites is designed to complement the drinks and showcases quality ingredients. The British charcuterie sharing board pairs cured meat with hot mustard, vegetarian samosa are encased in a crispy pastry and cheesy haggis nachos are layered with Scottish cheddar.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Live entertainment: DJ on Fri & Sat night
- Capacity: 150/160
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £19 per bottle
Reviews & features
The List Eating & Drinking Guide Awards for 2013 announced18 Apr 2013
Winners of the annual Best Newcomer Awards in Glasgow and Edinburgh
With the publication of its Eating & Drinking Guide for 2013, The List announced the winners of its annual Best Newcomer Awards. Selected from restaurants opening in Edinburgh and Glasgow since April 2012, the winners are chosen by the guide's…