Boudoir Wine Bar
Lilac drapes create intimacy in individual booths and a friendly and stylish atmosphere pervades in this continental-style wine bar.
The décor at Boudoir is lavish, some might say extravagant, and windows with a view of the Merchant City provide a living backdrop to a wide range of wines offered by the glass, with wine samplers allowing patrons to try four different wines for £10 – useful if you can’t decide between Grenache or Valpolicella Ripasso. A decadent choice is the sparking sampler at £20 but their cocktail list is also popular, with an Espresso Martini or a Kir Royale providing the perfect sip to start to a night out. Although the emphasis is on their extensive wine list – which comes with a wine tasting chart – they offer a small food menu featuring bruschettas and charcuterie/cheese selections. With cheese like Comte St Antoine and Langres, and French, Italian and Scottish meats, these offer good value and are handy when after-work drinks happily last a little longer than expected.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Fresh ambient, jazz
- Live entertainment: Live accoustic performances Sun and Thu (guitar, piano and duets)
- Capacity: 99 (14 outdoors)
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £16 per bottle