Tramway Café Bar
- Box office 0845 330 3501
- General enquiries 0141 276 0953
- Seasonal times Opens later when a show is on, bar, hot drinks and cakes only
- Bar open Mon–Sat 9.30am–4.30pm; Sun noon–4pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9.30am–4pm; Sun noon–3pm
- Pre-theatre times Summer and some performance nights only (depends on show). Bar and cakes only.
- Website www.tramway.org/Pages/…
A café and bar housed within a contemporary performing arts space, with views of the adjoining Hidden Gardens community project.
Tramway Café Bar – located in the contemporary visual and performance art venue which is also home to Scottish Ballet – is one of Glasgow’s quirkiest places to enjoy a coffee and a meal. The former site of the Coplawhill depot is a mishmash of architectural periods and styles, with exposed brickwork and concrete floors in abundance, as well as old tram tracks dotted around. For lunch, tuck into a warming bowl of soup and a sandwich made with Bavarian bread, or a baked potato. Finish off your meal with one of the many cakes and bakes on display. More filling dishes are also on offer such as burgers, broccoli, spinach and ricotta lasagne and warm roast winter vegetable salad with goat’s cheese, basil pesto and beetroot purée. On Sundays, all-day breakfast is available and when the weather behaves itself, grab a seat outside in the lovely community-run Hidden Gardens.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Modern pop/rock
- Live entertainment: Theatre, performance art, storytelling, dance events, visual arts galleries. Boiler room and Hidden Garden events
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 500 corporate, 80 in cafe
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle