- Food served Mon–Thu 8am–9pm; Fri 8am–6.30pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6.30pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Website www.artisanroast.co.uk
The cool serenity of Artisan Roast makes it an ideal spot to hide away from the world with a cup of coffee.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Artisan Roast’s status as one of Glasgow’s best spots for a coffee has been verified by the hordes of caffeine addicts who file in for a takeaway pick me up, or take their time with a newspaper and a mug of freshly roasted goodness on a daily basis. For those less informed in matters of coffee, staff are happy to share their knowledge of the different varieties of beans from around the world, all roasted daily in Edinburgh. The food menu is relatively short in comparison to its liquid counterpart, which also includes numerous flavoured teas and hot chocolates, but the selection of cakes, sandwiches and breakfast dishes is certainly not too limiting, especially considering the focus on catering for customers with dietary requirements.
- High point: The passion for coffee
- Low point: Cash only
- Notable dish: Coffee
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: acoustic
- Live entertainment: occasional acoustic performances
- Capacity: 60 (4 outdoors)
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0