Green Chilli Café
- Telephone 0141 337 6378
- Food served Tue–Thu 4–10.30pm, Fri–Sun noon–10.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 4–10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–6.30pm; Sun noon–10.30pm
- Average price £8 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95 (three tapas)
- Website www.greenchillicafe.com
With a diverse tapas offer, Green Chilli Café is a great place to try out different traditional Indian dishes.
Tucked away from the bustle of Argyle Street on a tenement first floor, the pristine Green Chilli Café offers a contemporary rendering of traditional Indian cuisine. In addition to regular portions, the restaurant serves tapas, allowing diners to experience a more diverse palette of North Indian aromas and textures. For those with a soft-spot for the national cuisine, there are Scottish foods with an Indian touch, including haggis fritters or spicy salmon tikka. But the Green Chilli shines most in the specialties, such as the popular chicken tikka lababdar in a sweet velvet tomato and onion sauce with butter and cream. A slightly heartier option, but a favourite nevertheless is the North Indian lamb curry dhaba gosht. The professional and courteous service in tandem with a calm and casual setting make the Green Chilli Café a great destination for group dinning as well as romantic meals.
- High point: Sizable tapas portions
- Low point: Not wheelchair accessible
- Notable dish: Chicken tikka lababdar
- Delivery: £1.75, 3-mile radius
- Private dining: 30 and 35
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian music
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle