The Corinthian Club
- Telephone 0141 552 1101
- Bar open Sun–Thu 10am-2pm; Fri/Sat 10am-4am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10.30pm.
- Average price £13.50 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.thecorinthianclub.co.uk
Beautifully restored building with breathtaking domed ceiling serving an eclectic mix of upmarket Scottish staples and exotic world food.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The Corinthian Club is an impressive example of how beautiful Victorian-era buildings in the Merchant City have been thoughtfully restored to their former glory – in this case evolving to become a chic restaurant, bar, casino and nightclub. The breathtaking domed ceiling, complete with ornate detail, gives an opulent feeling to the brasserie, where the menu is an eclectic mix of Scottish staples and more exotic cuisines – with dishes coming universally well presented by polite, friendly waiting staff. Halloumi to start is full of tasty umami flavours thanks to the chargrilling, while the haggis fritters are sizzling and nicely spicy beside the accompanying creamy mustard sauce. For the main event sea bream fillet is well handled, the accompanying ragù is robust, with pulses and sweet cherry tomatoes complementing the fish nicely. Monkfish tail is meaty and full of flavour, and, in keeping with the opulence of the venue, includes potatoes flavoured with truffle. Complete with a fabulous Espresso Martini from the flashy cocktail menu, dining here is a very chic affair.
- High point: The mesmerising architecture
- Low point: Proximity to bar can mean it's a little loud
- Notable dish: Monkfish tail
- Private dining: 12–200, various rooms
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Live entertainment: Piano player in cocktail bar, live bands in other bar. Acoustic nights.
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Dynamo ~ Networking for Success in Glasgow City Centre
Members of Dynamo meet weekly with the primary intention of passing each other opportunities for new business through 'word of mouth referrals'. This is the most cost-effective form of advertising possible. Being a member of Dynamo is like having a team of sales people working for you every day who market your product or…
Wed 1 Mar
Wed 8 Mar
Wed 15 Mar
Pink Lobster Party
Entertainment night hosted by the lipstick lesbians dating site.