The Corinthian Club
- Telephone 0141 552 1101
- Opening times 10–3am.
- Bar open Sun–Thu 10am-2am; Fri/Sat 10am-3am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri noon–8pm
- Average price £13.95 (exc Sat); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.thecorinthianclub.co.uk
Beautifully restored building with breathtaking domed ceiling serving an eclectic mix of upmarket Scottish staples and exotic world food.
The jewel in the G1 Group’s crown, the Corinthian Club has been polished up until it sparkles since being rescued from disuse in 1999. Housed in a truly spectacular 19th-century former bank and courthouse, the complex is home to a warren of bars and function rooms, a casino and – in the main room beneath a stunning domed ceiling and mesmerisingly detailed ornate cornicing – Teller’s Brasserie. Booths and banquettes hollow out little pockets of intimacy in the vastness of the room (so vast it has two bars). The food here – a mixture of typical upscale Scottish cuisine, particularly fish, with a few cosmopolitan flourishes – is several notches above G1’s usual offerings. Cullen skink is a simple classic well done – creamy and packed with flavour. Chargrilled salmon steak smartly served on a large slate flakes pleasingly, offset enjoyably, if a little inelegantly, with crispy hand-cut chips. Strawberry and chantilly cream mille-feuille with strawberry sorbet and crème Anglaise piles on the sweetness. It’s worth a visit to the Corinthian Club brasserie just for the setting alone, but the food merits it too.
- Private dining: 12–200, various rooms
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri-Sat, live singer-songwriter Sunday afternoons
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.