- Telephone 01334 870211
- Seasonal times Closed over Christmas and New Year fortnight
- Food served Mon & Wed–Sun 10am–5pm (lunch menu ends 3.30pm, cakes etc served until close).
- Average price £10 (lunch)
- Website www.thaiteak.net
When Sheila Dawson told her husband that she wanted to expand their import Thai furniture business with a neighbouring café she didn’t expect he would import the building on one of his sourcing trips as well. Fresh sandwiches, wraps and salad provide the backbone of this venue which is mainly open for lunch. A daily offering of two homemade soups, such as zingy, thick tomato and basil, or a rich, creamy chicken accented with small cubes of pepper, are welcome on a chilly day. The curry of the day with rice is made with care, filling and justly popular with the locals. A wide selection of daily baked cakes, scones, slices and cupcakes would tempt the most calorie-conscious traveller to make an exception, particularly alongside the many flavours of home-made ice cream, with special praise going to the fruit packed varieties.
- High point: Homemade ice creams and delicious home baking are reasons enough for a visit
- Low point: Only open in evenings for occasional Thai dinners which book up quickly
When Sheila Dawson told her husband that she wanted to expand their import Thai furniture business with a neighbouring café, she didn’t expect he would import the building as well. Fresh sandwiches, wraps, baked potatoes and salads provide much of the backbone of this unusual venue, which is mainly open for lunch (cakes and bakes only after 3.30pm), and offers al fresco seating when the weather is clement. There's also a daily offering of two homemade soups, and an authentic Thai dish of the day thanks to the owner's passion for the country's cuisine, which could be a curry, stir-fry or sweet and sour dish. Plus there is a wide selection of daily baked cakes, scones and biscuits as well as ice-cream.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2009