- Telephone 0131 556 6224
- Opening times Mon–Thu 9am–5.30pm; Fri & Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu 9am–5.30pm; Fri/Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £9 (soup and sandwich)
- Website www.cuckoosbakery.co.uk
Dainty tea and cake shop serving cupcakes, savouries and other treats.
Bunting, pastels and a baby blue cuckoo clock make a retro cool atmosphere in Cuckoo’s Bakery. Under new ownership since summer 2017, the space hosts a regular stream of cake fans, all heading for the chi-chi display to ogle the latest manifestation of sponge and buttercream. Made from all Scottish ingredients, popular classics like red velvet and vanilla sit alongside an ever-changing selection of specials. The lemon and blueberry dipper is crumbly sponge and sharp lemon curd centre topped with a silky Italian meringue. Gluten-free options include their crunch bar – fiery ginger biscuit encased in bitter Belgian chocolate. Wash it down with some fine coffee from Stockbridge’s very own Mr Eoin or one of the many exotic blends from Pekoe Tea. There’s a competent brunch and lunch menu including sandwiches, soups and salads, but like the pretty cabinet as you enter, cupcakes are front and centre at Cuckoo’s.
- Delivery: Same day cupcake delivery available within Edinburgh bypass delivery fee varies.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Elvis
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: No reservations
- Open since: 2011