Kudos Bar Restaurant
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 221 1066
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri & Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30–11pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–1am. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £9 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.kudos.co
Situated in a prime spot close to Central Station and the financial district, Kudos is the ideal venue for office staff looking for a quick pit-stop at lunchtime. The bar’s express lunch menu, containing favourites such as battered haddock and macaroni cheese, comes with a guarantee of food in just 15 minutes, setting you back just £4.95. It is the nearby workers who also populate the spacious bar on weekdays, while weekends tend to be quieter. The extensive menu consists of traditional bar food, plus a substantial Scottish section. To start, options include a fish platter for two, featuring scampi, haddock and squid rings, accompanied by chips and a rather paltry salad. Salmon Parmigiana from the mains is delicate salmon topped with a crispy parmesan crust, yet the dish is again let down by the sub-standard side salad. The bar is well stocked, with a relatively low-cost yet varied wine menu. And the promise of a bottle of house wine for only £5.95 on weekdays should ensure the continued custom of the local workforce.
- High point: Great value express lunch menu
- Low point: Five lettuce leaves do not a salad make
- Private dining: Up to 65 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: chart music
- Live entertainment: Friday night DJ, Saturday afternoon Jazz band
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 140
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £9.95 (£5.95 weekdays) per bottle