St Louis Café Bar
- Telephone 0141 339 1742
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–11pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–9pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Thu–Sun 5–8pm
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10
- Website www.stlouis-cafebar.co.uk
A laid-back café and bar, serving diner-style dishes and craft beer, with regular music and quiz nights.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Small and cosy, the St Louis Café Bar is a welcome stop at any time on the fairly drab-looking Broomhill end of Dumbarton Road, proving a great place for a relaxing pint of craft beer, tea and cake or a substantial meal. A popular evening venue, which boasts live music at weekends and a quiz on Tuesdays, it’s also ideal for lazy Sunday mornings reading the newspapers and an all-day breakfast available from 9am to 5pm. On offer is fruit and nut granola with yoghurt and compote, belly-busting fry-ups and veggie haggis, poached eggs and spinach on an English muffin. The smokin’ burger is a highlight of the evening menu, loaded with smoked cheddar, jalapeños, pickled gherkins and salad. Other diner-style options available include nachos and St Louis gumbo made with vegetables or chicken and chorizo. Those craving a snack can nibble on falafels with tzatziki and pitta or bruschetta with goat’s cheese and red onion chutney. Decent prices plus friendly and helpful staff make this a lovely place to waste a few hours, and dogs are also welcome.
- High point: Breakfast available all day
- Low point: Very busy on music nights
- Notable dish: Stornoway salad with black pudding, chorizo, poached eggs and dressed leaves
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock/pop/jazz
- Live entertainment: Live rock/jazz on weekend nights + midweek open mic night
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £15 per bottle