St Louis Café Bar
Huge portions of yummy home-made USA-inspired pub grub served up in a chilled-out living room style local bar.
With its mismatched furniture, Klimt prints and relaxed staff, St Louis feels like you’re hanging out in your mate’s funky living room – well-worn, homely, candlelit and chilled. The food – from gut-busting Sunday brunch, to light lunch and big pub-grub style dinners – all runs on a similar, comforting vein, while the place draws in lots of locals, from families in the afternoon to late-night music lovers. A subtle USA influence can be seen in dishes such as the chicken and chorizo gumbo or the big range of solid, hearty burgers – as well as the mountainous portion sizes. Try the starter of Stornoway black pudding, sitting on salad leaves and spicy chorizo chunks with a poached egg perched on top, ready to burst at the slightest prod. Other tempting dishes include the homemade spicy fishcakes, or nachos with zesty homemade guacamole and chilli beef. Whatever meal you come in for, don’t miss out on the gorgeous desserts and cakes. The brownie for comes warm and ever-so-slightly crispy on the outside, but hot, gooey and oozing with salted caramel sauce on the inside – delicious.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Reggae, chilled-but-funky house, soul, R&B and other relaxed tunes
- Live entertainment: Live bands and DJs on weekend nights + midweek open mic night and occasional pub quiz
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £15 per bottle