St Louis Café Bar
A chilled-out home from home serving all-day breakfasts, gourmet burgers and craft beers.
A true neighbourhood bar, if only by virtue of its somewhat remote location next to Thornwood roundabout. Newcomers are welcome though and it’s easy to feel you’re in the front room of a flat you just moved into, where someone else makes the food. Sofas and well-loved wooden furniture are an invitation to relax and leave foodie pretensions behind. A short simple menu is set apart by the quality of the ingredients pulling it up and beyond the average. Homemade vegan ice-cream and the daily sponge bakes will tempt the sweet-toothed. Better for washing down a pint are crunchy bonbons made with rich Stornoway black pudding. The smokey joe burger, rib-sticking beef chilli and chunky chowder are all great foundations for a night spent in the pub. And a whole night it may be, because live entertainment is at the heart of what makes it worth a visit. Whether a pop-up poetry event, soul DJs or live bands, it’s that kind of place – go for one, make new friends and wonder how it got to be closing time.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: indie-electro
- Live entertainment: Live bands and DJs on weekend nights, pub quiz Tuesdays, jam sessions + poetry open mic nghts
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16 per bottle