St Louis Café Bar
A chilled-out home from home serving all-day breakfasts, gourmet burgers and craft beers.
The kind of homely neighbourhood café-bar where a quick coffee turns into brunch, then an all-day catch-up over burgers and beers. Dogs and children are welcome as long as they behave. Then it livens up at night offering Tuesday quizzes, DJs at the weekends, live music and poetry. The blackboard names a rotation of special offers and soup of the day, while the main menu ranges from salads and snacks to proper meals, all with gluten-free and vegan options in abundance. The geographic influence extends as far as Budvar at the bar and a mildly Louisiana vibe to the food – sea bass is baked under a dusting of Cajun spice, served with rice in a spicy tomato ragu and a side of collard greens. There’s a bowl of chipotle mayo to dip the homemade sweet potato fries in and the lengthy list of burger options come in brioche buns and loaded with toppings. Despite proximity to a major roundabout, the cluster of outside tables has a continental feel and is in demand all year.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul and jazz
- Live entertainment: Live bands and DJs on weekend nights, pub quiz Tuesdays, jam sessions + poetry open mic nghts
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16 per bottle