The Bridge Inn
- Telephone 0131 333 1320
- Bar open Mon–Thu 9am–11pm; Fri/Sat 9am-midnight; Sun 11am–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–3pm, 5–9pm; Sat noon–9pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Average price £25 (lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.bridgeinn.com
Perfect pub dining from popular canalside inn.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
If you take a wee stroll along the Union Canal from the Bridge Inn, you might get a glimpse of their own Saddleback pigs. They also have free-range hens for eggs, while gardener Charlie keeps the kitchen supplied with fruit and veg from the walled garden at Ratho Hall. With credentials like that, it’s no surprise that the menu is seriously appetising – pork with roast apple sauce; seared wood pigeon; smoked salmon with pea shoots, rocket and lemon; all-butter puff pastry pies – the list goes on. A roaring fire and comfy seating in winter, a beer garden for the summer plus a good selection of local ales and malts make for a pretty full house of boxes ticked for the perfect pub, with four bedrooms upstairs for those looking to make a night of it.
- No. overnight rooms: 4
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: live music every 6–8 weeks, local artists
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2010 since new owner
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle