The Tiki Bar
- Telephone 0141 332 1341
- Bar open Sun–Thu 5pm–midnight; Fri/Sat 5pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5pm–midnight
- Pre-theatre times 5–6.45pm
- Average price £8 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.50
- Website www.tikibarglasgow.com
Inventive cocktails with strong fruity flavours served in an utterly relaxed setting by nationally renowned mixologists.
Downstairs from its sister restaurant The Kitsch Inn, inventive basement spot The Tiki Bar serves unique and well balanced cocktails in a lively party atmosphere. The bar itself sits in the corner of the dimly lit room and is a beachy wooden structure complete with a thatched roof which would not look out of a place at a tropical beachside bar. The DJ booth is kitted out in the same stylings, and patrons can expect to hear a mix of house and dance music on Friday and Saturday nights when the place really comes to life. Cocktails are playfully named and the brightly coloured menu features faux-quotes from some of Scotland’s greatest exports. Most drinks arrive served in one of the bar’s legendary tall ceramic tiki mugs, or decanted into a can over crushed ice, rarely in a glass. Tropical nods are everywhere on the menu although not to the detriment of the drinks selection. Rum and ginger are popular details from a menu which casts a wide net and artfully avoids overly fruity mixes. Staff are upbeat and unpretentious, happy to get on with the business of making excellent cocktails.
- High point: Sharp tropical drinks
- Low point: Tough to get a seat on a Saturday night
- Notable dish: Zombie cocktail
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: DJs weekends
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15 per bottle