The Tiki Bar
- Telephone 0141 332 1341
- Bar open Sun–Thu 5pm–midnight; Fri/Sat 5pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5pm–midnight
- Pre-theatre times 5–6.45pm
- Average price £8 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.50
- Website www.tikibarglasgow.com
Inventive cocktails with strong fruity flavours served in an utterly relaxed setting by nationally renowned mixologists.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Downstairs from sister restaurant the Kitsch Inn, the Tiki Bar offers ambitious professional cocktail know-how in a flamboyant setting, with a real party vibe. And it could all be in a Pacific Rim bar thanks to an eclectic decorative mix of hula girls, Easter Island statues and exotic videos, with ceramic snakes staring at you from the locally hand-thrown cocktail pot by Garnet McCulloch at Fireworks Studio. The bar staff have a scientific approach to their cocktails – from the classic Rum Manhattan to the well-judged Mai Thai mixing is judicious and flavours distinctive yet perfectly blended. Recently installed sous vide equipment ensures that syrups and fruit bases are made in-house and ultra tangy. In the summer there is an outside space and the atmosphere is always high octane as one cocktail leads to another. From Missionary's Downfall to Auch Aye the Bru, the very names themselves speak of this bar’s originality and ingenuity.
- High point: A real kick starter for a celebration evening
- Low point: Stairs and cocktails aren't always the best mixers
- Notable dish: Gin and juice
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin,reggae and soul
- Live entertainment: DJs weekends
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15 per bottle