A quirky Thai restaurant offering Pan Asian flavours and a welcoming party atmosphere at fair prices.
Kitsch Inn fully deserves its moniker thanks to its décor. An amalgamation of odd trinkets and choice interiors come together to create a swanky dining room. One deep teal wall contrasts against one of 1970s retro print, an eccentric shelf is lined with ancient-looking tomes and bookended by toy robots, plus a neon-lit fish tank glows at the rear. The food genre finally becomes clear when the Thai menu is presented, and the joyous sharing nature of this cuisine can be savoured with every course. Can't decide on a starter? Simply order them all. The sharing platter offers a paradise for the indecisive, piled with corn fritters, crisp tempura prawns, veggie spring rolls and chicken drowned in its addictive satay sauce. Chefs excel in their traffic light spectrum of Thai curries: red, yellow and green are light, yet rich in traditional ingredients, while the chicken with chilli jam will blow both your socks off and the cobwebs away. Even the petite desserts are perfect for ordering in multiple – try the syrupy banana fritter or melt-in-the-middle chocolate lava cake.
- Delivery: Deliveroo, UberEats
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Dance/Electronic/House
- Live entertainment: DJs on Fri/Sat
- Capacity: 54 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 54
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle