- Telephone 0131 668 3111
- Food served Sun–Thu 3–10.30pm; Fri/Sat 3–11.30pm.
- Average price £20 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website www.losargentinossteakhouseinedinburgh.co.uk
Argentinian steakhouse in Newington – as you'd expect, it's steak, steak and more steak with spicy chimichurri sauce.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Located in Newington, Los Argentinos, as you may have deduced, is an Argentinian steakhouse. The décor is simple and doesn’t scream South America but the emphasis is very much on the famed meaty fare popular in that part of the world. With that in mind, set your expectations accordingly as there’s little else on the menu, other than sirloin, ribeye, fillet or rump cooked to your liking. It’s all about the steak here. A pot of chimichurri sauce is a spicy concoction, placed on each table and recommended for all dishes. Surprisingly, the chorizos caseros starter is the standout dish on the menu, and the empanadas (traditional meat and corn pasties) are a close second. There are straight steaks or combination dishes which offer various cuts of steak with assorted sauces, all served with salad, fries or baked potatoes. Regulars flock back for the quality of the meat and the very attentive service.
- High point: The chorizos casero
- Low point: Desserts are not homemade
- Notable dish: Chorizos casero
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.99 per bottle