Argentinian steakhouse in Newington – as you'd expect, it's steak, steak and more steak with spicy chimichurri sauce.
At Los Argentinos, it's all about high-quality steak, and lots of it. With cuts ranging from a manageable 225g to a hefty and hearty 400g, no-one leaves here hungry. Gear up for the main event with one of the excellent starters such as empanadas (pasties filled to the brim with tender diced meat) then try the succulent fillet steak, partnered with their own chimichurri sauce, or one of the traditional béarnaise or mushroom accompaniments. The sides and sauces will play second fiddle to the star of the show with options including rump, ribeye, fillet or sirloin. Filling up fast despite a long row of tables, you'll need to book ahead here, especially at the weekend. Desserts are limited with ice-cream offered with various partners such as tequila or chocolate sauce, but after such an epic steak, it's unlikely you’ll crave anything else.
- High point: The top quality beef
- Low point: Space is a bit cosy between some of the tables
- Notable dish: Argentine fillet steak
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.99 per bottle