The Parlour Bar
- Telephone 0131 555 3848
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun 12:30pm–midnight
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–8pm; Sun noon–7pm.
- Website www.theparlouredinburgh.com
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Note: as of September 2012, The Parlour Bar's kitchen was taken over by JustLoveFoodLeith. The review below is from the Eating and Drinking Guide 2012, published in April, and so won't reflect the new food offering.
Tucked away at the bottom of Easter Road beside Leith Links, the Parlour has been a word-of-mouth hit, building up a growing band of regulars. Well equipped with home comforts, such as a roaring coal fire, comfy sofas and stacks of books and board games, the Parlour has an all-welcome policy (dogs and kids included). During the day the loose-leaf Suki teas and freshly ground coffees are popular and create an unusually relaxed atmosphere for a bar – a place you could feel entirely comfortable popping in alone to read. In the past year the kitchen has been leased to Spanish chef Luis Letelier, meaning drinkers can accompany their drink of choice with some seriously good tapas. Classics such as patatas bravas and Spanish omelette share the menu with inventive salads and spicy meat dishes cooked to standards that would not be out of place at a high-quality Spanish restaurant.
- High point: Affordable tapas
- Low point: Off the beaten track
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: rock, pop
- Live entertainment: Open mic night, acoustic sessions, quiz night
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Bill Spice and Dunc Stark with a blend of funk, soul, hip hop, house, techno, ska, dub and more.
More fun than Chess, more skill than Poker and approximately 6000 years older than Monopoly. The most welcoming and active Backgammon group in Scotland. We aim to promote and encourage backgammon playing at every level. We have beginners and we have reognised international players. However we also believe that…