- Telephone 0845 166 6044
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–9pm; Fri/Sat 11am–10pm.
- Average price £7.99 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.byrerestaurant.co.uk
The Byre – the G1 Group’s only East Kilbride site – thrives as an informal bar/restaurant, surrounded by plush housing developments, Hairmyres Hospital and the train station. It’s a cracking building, set over two spacious levels with lots of light beaming on to modern, wooden lines. And it’s very dependable at most things. Haggis sits alongside nachos and pakora in the lineup of global favourites to start things off, and this continues in the mains: steak pie, fajitas, or southern-style ribs. Then there’s pizzas and pastas and burgers and a small grill menu. Broad opening hours and a kids menu add to the appeal, while a midweek menu is particularly good value. Downstairs in The Bothy you can dine in a (slightly) more formal setting and at weekends the bar is open until 2am.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Contemporary and classic pop and rock
- Live entertainment: Comedy nights every fortnight
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £11.99 per bottle