- Telephone 01620 825674
- Bar open Mon–Wed 11am–11pm; Thu–Sat 11am–1am; Sun 11am–11.45pm.
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–9.30pm; Thu–Sat noon–10pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.watersidebistro.co.uk
Cosy bar and polished restaurant offering well-presented pub and bistro classics.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This low whitewashed building sits picturesquely beside Haddington’s ancient Nungate Bridge, with a pretty view across the river to St Mary’s Church from the handful of outside tables. Inside, rough stone walls and log fires along with earth-toned tweeds create a cosy bar and polished restaurant rooms in which to linger. The East Lothian countryside provides plentiful ingredients for the roster of well-presented pub and bistro classics, sharing platters and sandwiches. Vino Wines stocks a decent wine list and there’s a browse-worthy selection of 30 bottled beers.
- Private dining: Upstairs 30; Gallery 20; Bothy 20; Nook 12; Grumpy Cow Bar 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Regular open mic nights
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: Current owners July 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6