- Telephone 0141 221 5518
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–2am; Sun 11am–2am.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–10pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11
- Website www.slouch-bar.co.uk
This late-night bar with music on its mind manages to be both popular and eclectic, with market and late night menus.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Given that Slouch has received a clutch of awards, such as ‘best late night operator’, they could be forgiven for getting carried away with themselves. Yet they provide a well-chosen menu alongside a seemingly endless supply of drinks options at a very reasonable price until 3am, 7 days a week. Kegged beer sticks with some old favourites, while the bottled options offer the most rarefied treasures from the likes of Beavertown, Goose Island, Weihenstephan and Flying Dog. Live music leads the way with numerous genres and styles, from their Tuesday late-night jazz sessions to their rock ’n’ roll weekenders. Food is Mexico meets USA meets bar favourites – the half rack of ribs with hash browns satisfies like this American classic should – while the good-value market menu shows a shrewd mix of classic and new dishes, but if you’re running late their pared-down 2am menu will sustain until the early morning.
- High point: Great beer options from around the world
- Low point: Lack of sauce with mains
- Notable dish: BBQ ribs
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock/Punk/Soul/Funk
- Live entertainment: Live music Tue–Thurs & Sun: live jazz Tue; blues Wed; unplugged Thurs; rock acts on Electric Sunday; DJs Fri/Sat
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £10.95 per bottle