- Telephone 0141 632 3466
- Bar open Mon–Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 10am–5.30pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–4.30pm; Sun 10am–4.30pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch)
A Southside café with big windows mixing up sofas and tables, The space is divided over two areas, with a counter and a few tables at the front and further seating in a back area.
Behind an unassuming shop front on Shawlands' bohemian Skirving Street, Biscuit serves up thoughtfully prepared food from a well-considered menu of all-day breakfasts, burgers, baked potatoes, and wraps, as well as some unexpected options such as the Highlander haggis sandwich, and plenty of cakes. The impressive club sandwich is six inches tall, with chicken and bacon layers complemented by jalapeños and crunchy gherkins respectively – the cream cheese and mustard elevating this snack from comfort food to signature sandwich. Friendly staff are happy to make recommendations, and their tastes are to be trusted – the nachos are a staff favourite. Rather than crisps, these are deep-fried triangles of tortilla, light, crisp and oily, topped with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Sweet potato wedges are suggested as an off-menu side dish, and are the perfect way to ease in some vitamin C. Affordable, casual, and cooked with care, Biscuit is a highlight in the city’s Southside.
- High point: Unbeatable nachos
- Low point: Rather dimly lit
- Notable dish: Club sandwich
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz
- Capacity: 60 (10 outdoors)
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2008
- BYOB: £1.50 wine or 4 beers corkage