- Box office 0131 667 2003
- General enquiries 0131 667 2003
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.thesouthsiderpub.co.uk/southsider/…
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
Recently reopened after a comprehensive makeover, the Southsider has quickly re-established itself as a reliable and keenly priced neighbourhood boozer. The new look is a game of two halves with traditional warm tones in the main bar alongside a comfy room of dining booths and banquettes, with a timber panelled curtained-off snug for hire. There are good value deals on selected spirits, house wine and familiar beers, with a few craft draughts and cask ales appearing alongside a fistful of whiskies. The menu has perked up a touch with buckets of wings, stuffed jalapenos and haggis bites alongside an appealing list of burgers, hot dogs and pizzas. TV screens hover above the bar capturing the majority of available live sport, with a Thursday quiz and Saturday night live music keeping it interesting for a loyal band of returning regulars.
- High point: Drinks deals can make for a cheap and cheerful night out
- Low point: Are the fruit machines absolutely necessary?
- Notable dish: Burgers and hotdogs
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Sixties sing-a-longs
- Live entertainment: Thursday night quiz; Saturday night live music
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £15.75 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Edinburgh Spanish/English Language Exchange
This Spanish-English exchange group has been running for over 15 years and is for anyone who wants to practise and improve their Spanish or English. Spanish and English speakers speak both languages in an informal setting. There is no minimum level required. Meetings are held every Wednesday from 8pm, although people…