- Box office 0131 667 2003
- General enquiries 0131 667 2003
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.thesouthsiderpub.co.uk/southsider/…
Recently reopened after a comprehensive makeover, the Southsider has quickly re-established itself as a reliable and keenly priced neighbourhood boozer. The new look is a game of two halves with traditional warm tones in the main bar alongside a comfy room of dining booths and banquettes, with a timber panelled curtained-off snug for hire. There are good value deals on selected spirits, house wine and familiar beers, with a few craft draughts and cask ales appearing alongside a fistful of whiskies. The menu has perked up a touch with buckets of wings, stuffed jalapenos and haggis bites alongside an appealing list of burgers, hot dogs and pizzas. TV screens hover above the bar capturing the majority of available live sport, with a Thursday quiz and Saturday night live music keeping it interesting for a loyal band of returning regulars.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Sixties sing-a-longs
- Live entertainment: Thursday night quiz; Saturday night live music
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £15.75 per bottle