- Telephone 0131 466 1779
- Seasonal times Festival: bar open till 3am Fri/Sat.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am-1am.
- Food served Mon–Thur noon–9pm; Fri–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.lebowskis.co.uk
Quirky bar for thirsty folk coming from work, party animals and visitors enjoying the nearby entertainment venues on Lothian Road.
The Dude himself would be pleased by this good-time bar which offers no less than 26 varieties of White Russian named after characters from the film (although, disappointingly, there’s no bowling on offer and no rug). It is a fine place to begin a big night with a heavy influx of carbohydrates from a huge burger – try the double-stack Big Lebowski; a veggie stack with mushroom, aubergine, red pepper and goat’s cheese; or jerk chicken with pineapple fritters. Stay for the crack on a Friday or Saturday as the DJ spins funk, house and soul and the volume rises and rises, or you may fancy Goose’s quiz on a Tuesday or a Sunday. Otherwise the lunch deal offers an open sandwich or salad and soup or fries for a bargain £5.
- High point: It would be hard not to have fun here
- Low point: You’ll need a knife and fork to eat your burger
- Notable dish: The Big Lebowski burger
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/merchiston/lebowskis?day=today&rpos=20&time=ASAP
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House, funk, soul
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 50/60
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Reviews & features
The first National Buckfast Day: what you need to know8 May 2015
From sausages to cocktails and buckateers, there's more to buckie than a bad rep
Saturday 9 May 2015 is the first ever National Buckfast Day. A recent campaign [https://www.facebook.com/events/1570596249881818/] started for 'a much needed day dedicated to the World's Greatest Wine', with plans to celebrate each year on the second…