- Telephone 0131 466 1779
- Seasonal times Bar open till 3am during Edinburgh Festival
- Bar open Mon–Sat 10am–1am; Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Thur noon–9pm; Fri noon–10pm; Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–1pm.
- Average price £5 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.lebowskis.co.uk
Quirky bar for thirsty folk coming from work, party animals and visitors enjoying the nearby entertainment venues on Lothian Road.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Lebowskis, just off Lothian Road with its concert venues and cinemas, is an Edinburgh must-visit, renowned for its relaxed, laid-back vibe, just the way the Dude himself would like it. Wooden floors and plain tables keep things simple and there are humorous touches like the gilt picture frame around the TV screen in the main dining area. As well as its famous long list of White Russians – most asked for is the Big Lebowski, a double whammy of vodka, coffee liqueur, milk and cream – there are beers, wines and a specially devised cocktail menu including the fruity Merry Berry and marmaladey Burnt Ma Toast. It’s best to be hungry if you want to do justice to the mighty burgers: from seasonal venison to slow-cooked pork, lamb kofta to tasty vegetarian. With weekend brunches, £5 weekday lunches, pub quizzes and live music, Lebowskis mixes things up, drawing in crowds day and night.
- High point: The Vedgy Wedgy burger
- Low point: Which White Russian to choose?
- Notable dish: The Vedgy Wedgy burger
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Djs on weekends, live bands every Sunday and pub quiz on Tuesdays
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
The first National Buckfast Day: what you need to know8 May 2015
From sausages to cocktails and buckateers, there’s more to buckie than a bad rep
Saturday 9 May 2015 is the first ever National Buckfast Day. A recent campaign [https://www.facebook.com/events/1570596249881818/] started for ‘a much needed day dedicated to the World's Greatest Wine’, with plans to celebrate each year on the second…