The Bath Street Palomino
- Telephone 0141 221 9444
- Seasonal times Closes at 4am over xmas holiday
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–3am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–7pm
- Average price £9 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13
- Website www.bathstreetpalomino.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Elegance and simplicity can be, on occasion, considered underated features. Yet there is a deft skill in applying both and it can often be the difference between an excellent or uninteresting establishment. With its sultry lighting and elegant décor Bath Street Palomino reassures and induces you to enter. Having lured you in they then ply you with their fine selection of meats, wines and cocktails. Prepare for an inspiring start with salty and smoked beef brisket and Swiss cheese croquettes (with optional maple mustard dipping sauce) then feast upon superb smoke-cooked meats. The flat beaten rump steak and smoked butter is quite simply the real deal, and if the fat pig burger doesn’t ensure a swift return then cocktails tailored to the customer's whim certainly will.
- High point: Wonderfully tailored cocktails
- Low point: Ribs lacked seasoning
- Notable dish: Fat Pig Burger
- Private dining: Up to 120 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic Indie.
- Live entertainment: Weekend DJs, DJ's also for private functions.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16 per bottle