This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Box office 0141 423 1411
- General enquiries 0141 423 1411
- Opening times Tue–Thu 11am–10pm; Fri & Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–6pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon.
- Bar open Tue–Sat 11am–11pm; Sun 11.30am–5pm
- Food served Tue–Thu 11am–9pm; Fri/Sat 10am–9pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Pre-theatre times Thu–Sun noon–7pm; Tue/Wed
- Average price £11.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.cookiescotland.com
After nearly five years Cookie is now well established in the Southside, but it has not taken its foot off the gas for a second in its drive to be a cut above your average neighbourhood eatery. There is a constant desire to deliver a good, affordable, seasonal menu that showcases Italian fare. The menu changes daily according to supplies, but there will always be a tart and a soup of the day, a good range of rustic, slow-cooked meats served on a wholesome bed of say, puy lentils, and some theatrical showstoppers for the chefs to perform in the open kitchen – a pan-fried sea bass with a bright flash of fresh lemon juice perhaps. The prices are remarkable, there’s a two-course pre-theatre menu at £11.95 (a tenner if patrons can actually produce a theatre ticket from the Citz) while an express lunch of pork belly with borlotti beans and red peppers is available for a fiver. The last Sunday in the month is given over to Chef Wars – a friendly competition to help new and aspiring cooks. Cookie has a laudable attitude to seasonal produce, cooking and the community.
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic hits
- Capacity: 36
- Largest group: 36
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
- BYOB: £5 corkage
Reviews & features
The best breakfasts in Glasgow29 Mar 2012
The best all-rounders in the west, plus a few specific breakfast-item highlights
Café Gandolfi 64 Albion Street, 552 6813, cafegondolfi.com Breakfast served: Mon-Sat 8am-noon; Sun 9am-noon. The long-standing, Scottish cuisine-focused eatery has beefed up its breakfasts in recent years, resulting in a menu with eight different egg…