The Restaurant Bar & Grill
- Telephone 0141 225 5622
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30–6.30pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–11pm; Sun noon–6pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat noon–7pm;
- Average price £15 (set lunch); £28 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website www.therestaurantbarandgrill.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
It may not be the most distinctive, and it has a corporate whiff about it, but this restaurant blends wood, leather and glass to create a smart, contemporary yet comfortable diner – well suited to business lunches, shopping bites, office nights out or a romantic date. Service is very good, crisp and attentive without being over the top. The menu has an Asian twist with Goan fish-cakes and chilli squid to start alongside oysters and mussels. The king prawn tempura is good – satisfyingly large prawns in a tasty tempura batter. The scallops were on the small side – but tasty enough. The restaurant chain has its own herd of Limousin-cross cattle and the 8oz fillet is good, hand-cut by their in-house butchers. Salmon fishcakes are filled with a generous amount of fish enriched by spinach and dill butter sauce. Peanut butter cheesecake is very rich, the accompanying lemon sorbet so bitter to make them odd plate-mates. Ubiquitous sticky toffee pudding is satisfying, if a little predictable. This is a reliable restaurant that won’t surprise you.
- High point: Reliable food and good service
- Low point: Not a place for adventurous foodies
Located in the beautifully restored and sophisticated Princes Square, The Restaurant Bar and Grill in Glasgow adds to the shopping centre's position as a premier eating and drinking destination. The decor is warm, chic and sophisticated, whilst the restaurant's menu and cocktails are simply delicious. Relax and enjoy great food and service inside the restaurant, whilst watching the chefs in action at the wood stone oven and rotisserie in the open kitchen. Alternatively, choose to overlook the vibrant activity of the shopping centre from the terrace level. Open from mid-morning through to late evening, the restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy brunch, lunch or dinner. For parties looking for a more intimate dining experience, whether for a corporate or private function, a private dining area will soon be available for exclusive hire.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 24 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz daytime, upbeat electronic into the evening, Chillout
- Live entertainment: A DJ on a Saturday night
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16.25 per bottle
Reviews & features
The Restaurant Bar & Grill - review1 Nov 2007
The name betrays either supreme confidence or a dearth of imagination. But, while The Restaurant Bar and Grill may not sound as exciting as its predecessors – Zinc and étain have been merged into one – there is a sense of self-assurance running…