The Brass Monkey
The distinctive triangular gable end building that houses the Brass Monkey is something of a marker for the start of the fabled strip of Finnieston that has been hailed as the hippest part of the city. Inside, the bar lacks much of the affectation of nearby venues and doesn't offer any of the neighbourhood's culinary delights. As a popular local meeting place, the Brass Monkey is where colleagues gather for a cocktail after work or enjoy a pint of craft beer ale while watching the football at weekends. Look out for a gig-related music policy and a creative, themed drinks menu before a concert at the Hydro when the party often starts here, creating a fun, buzzy atmosphere. During the week, the small bar room has plenty of comfortable corners for a chat with friends.
- High point: Good for watching sport or pre-gig drinks
- Low point: Bar bites would be a welcome addition
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chart hits, pre-concert playlist
- Live entertainment: Tues quiz; Fri/Sat DJs.
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14 per bottle