Le Di-Vin Wine Bar
- Telephone 0131 538 1815
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–late. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–late. Closed Sun. Closed Sun.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.ledivin.co.uk
Eelegant and atmospheric West End bar that's a well-kept secret.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
They say ‘in vino veritas’ and there’s plenty on offer here to test that theory. This beautiful old room (the former Oratory of St Anne) is a secret West End den where you can hole up with a date or a mate, share some nibbles and gossip and – most importantly – some excellent wine. The classy surroundings make for a memorable assignation – especially if you can snag one of the sought after tables on the mezzanine level upstairs. There’s not a huge amount of food on offer, but sharing platters of piquant cheese and aromatic charcuterie (with bread, bien sûr) make an ideal foil for all the wine. It gets rowdy after work on Friday, when gin and beer drinkers temporarily outnumber the oenophiles, so might be best avoided at this time if you're after a quiet word in someone's ear. Otherwise, this is a handy place to keep in your repertoire of West End bars where atmosphere and elegance are still watch words and where the grape still rules supreme.
- High point: So many wines to try
- Low point: Charcuterie platter will only take you so far – soon you'll need dinner
- Notable dish: Charcuterie platter
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 27
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle