Le Di-Vin Wine Bar
- Telephone 0131 538 1815
- Seasonal times Festival: open Sundays
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–1am. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–10pm. Closed Sun.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Wed 3pm–6pm
- Pre-theatre price Free cheese or charcuterie platter with a bottle of wine
- Website www.ledivin.co.uk
Elegant and atmospheric West End bar that's (almost) a well-kept secret.
Walking into Le Di-Vin is a pleasant surprise. Tacked on the side of La P’tite Folie, from outside you expect to walk into a small bar but instead the door opens into a vast, high space, lined floor to ceiling with wine (it used to be a church, but now the only God around is Bacchus). The décor is exactly as it should be for a French wine bar; dark red walls, wooden panelling and rustic pine dressers for the bread baskets. The menu too is rustically French, dominated by les planchettes (fine charcuterie, cheese and smoked fish platters) plus a few classics like croque monsieur at lunchtime and raclette in winter (on request). The main focus here is the wine though, and you can easily spend a very happy evening (or afternoon if you’re extra lucky) sipping it by the glass or sharing a bottle from a not huge, but perfectly satisfying, selection.
- Private dining: 35 on the mezzanine
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: French, Rodrigo y Gabriela
- Live entertainment: acoustic guitar second Thu of the month.
- Capacity: 120 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 27
- House wine: £18 per bottle