- Telephone 0131 228 5383
- Opening times Mon–Wed 11am–midnight; Thu–Fri 11am–1am; Sat noon–1am; closed Sun unless performance.
- Seasonal times Festival: extended opening hours.
- Bar open Mon–Sat 4pm–11pm. Closed Sun, unless performance.
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–3pm. Closed Sat/Sun.
- Website www.traverse.co.uk/eating-drinking/
A lovely spot for a tasty lunch, a good coffee or a sweet afternoon salve.
A small café tucked into a curving corner of the theatre's glass front, Traverse Coffee is one of those venues it’s worth knowing about when you find yourself in need of a break. Menus change daily to keep things fresh and there's a wide range of rolls, salads, soups and baked potatoes, as well as hot specials in quiche or hot pot form. There’s a focus on takeaway (all cutlery and receptacles are disposable, albeit made of eco-friendly vegware) but actually it’s a lovely spot to sit and enjoy a breakfast roll, a pot of porridge or a tasty lunch. Come the afternoon, Artisan Roast coffee and Woods' brownies are a popular pick-me-up for those working in the theatre itself and the surrounding businesses.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Theatre shows and live music
- Capacity: 6 (6 outdoors)
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 1992