- Telephone 0141 942 6752
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30pm–11pm
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight, Fri noon–1am, Sat noon–midnight, Sun 12.30–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4pm–6.30pm
- Average price £5.25 (set lunch); £11.50 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.maclay.com
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Occupying an attractive former train station, this Maclay Inn pub is a popular spot for the locals in and around affluent Bearsden. The menu offers fairly standard pub favourites at reasonable prices, all reliably prepared and delivered by professional and welcoming staff. Lunchtimes offer an express menu with sandwiches and soups – handy if you work nearby, while those looking for a more substantial meal can choose from a range of starters, such as mussels, bruschetta, nachos and fishcakes, or share a platter of finger food for two. Mains include salads, burgers and pizza, plus a few classics such as fish and chips, steak pie and sausage and mash. There’s a well-stocked bar, decent wine list and a range of classic cocktails for those enjoying a drink while watching sports on the big screens.
- High point: Lovely converted former station
- Low point: Little of distinction on the menu
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Big screen television showing sport most of the time.
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £9.95 per bottle