This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 221 5530
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–-Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–-Sat noon–-9pm; Sun 12.30-–9pm.
- Average price £16.50 (lunch); £16.50 (evening meal)
- Website theblacksparrow.co.uk
Well-established Charing Cross pub, a favourite with nearby workers and weekend pre-clubbers, serving up bar meals, beers, bourbon and DJ sets.
Befitting its name, there is something almost Gothic about Charing Cross bar Black Sparrow – from the dim lighting to the steep-backed red leather booths and the mirrored gantry that showcases an impressive range of spirits, with a particular focus on bourbon. It’s not a huge space, and with the table set up, there’s not much standing room when pre-clubbers and the post-work crowd pile in, but for those who do grab a seat on ground floor or mezzanine the recently expanded menu provides an opportunity to tuck into one of a number of burgers and usual pub favourites. The bar's big bonus lies outside, where a purpose-built beer garden is a winner in summer, especially when the kitchen gets its barbecue brushed down and fired up.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: electronic / indie
- Live entertainment: House DJs Sat from 9pm onwards
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 35 (mezzanine)
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Bar Crawls: Glasgow - The Sauchiehall Street Saunter18 Nov 2011
Making the most of Glasgow city centre drinking
Both ‘pub crawl’ and ‘Sauchiehall Street’ can evoke images of large groups of revellers staggering from one ropey watering hole to the next, the night hurtling towards a climax of kebab sauce and lost cloakroom tickets. Well this route aims to redress…