This intimate basement café is a tea-drinkers delight with a treasure trove of brews served to exacting specifications.
Offering one of the largest ranges of loose-leaf teas in Edinburgh, Eteaket serves everything from Darjeeling to Isle of Harris Gin botanicals, each served in an individual pot with timer to ensure the perfect brew. Tucked away on Frederick Street this cosy tea room serves breakfast, lunch and a full cake stand of afternoon tea, with freshly made scones and bakes from independent bakeries like Archipelago. Savouries include sandwiches like roast chicken and pesto mayo, or smoked salmon and cream cheese. There’s also a small but perfectly formed high tea, and a range of tea-inspired cocktails such as the Peppermint Mojito. All the teas are available to buy and take home, as well as teapots and tea ephemera, making it a handy stop for visitors wanting a more sophisticated memento of Edinburgh.
- Private dining: Up to 22 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: Occasional tea tastings
- Capacity: 40 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £17 per bottle