Kember & Jones
- Telephone 0141 337 3851
- Seasonal times Christmas: Mon–Sun 9am–6pm
- Bar open Mon–-Fri 11am–-10pm; Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–-6pm
- Food served Mon–-Fri 8am–-10pm; Sat 9am–10pm; Sun 9am–-6pm
- Average price £13.50 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.kemberandjones.co.uk
Undisputedly one of of Glasgow’s best cafés, who grind their own coffee, and bake their own exceptionally good bread and cakes.
The rustic wooden interior and homely smell of fresh baking at Kember & Jones makes it feel more like a farmhouse bakery than a busy Byres Road spot. The menu is considered and varied, with salads, such as the beautifully balanced goat’s cheese with sun-blushed tomatoes and pine nuts, and sandwiches, including the tangy and vibrant crab and cucumber, sitting alongside a selection of platters, hot specials and the recent addition of an all-day breakfast. Through years spent establishing an ethos of quality cooking, the café is now renowned for the high standard of its dishes, particularly its breads, many of which are on display and draw in hungry shoppers from the other side of the glass frontage, and cakes which come creatively baked and generously sliced, with the white chocolate, raspberry and pistachio proving a deliciously sweet highlight.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: no music
- Capacity: 38 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: no bookings
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.