The Fish People
- Telephone 0141 429 1609
- Opening times Tue–Fri 7am–5.30pm; Sat 7am–1pm. Closed Sun & Mon.
- Food served Tue–Fri 7.30am–5.30pm; Sat 7.30am–1pm. Closed Sun & Mon.
- Average price (set lunch)
- Website www.thefishpeopleshop.co.uk
Since 2000, this family fishmonger has been trading from premises directly outside Shields Road Underground, and this is the place to find a wide selection of the highest quality fresh fish and shellfish from across Scotland, all cut and filleted daily on their premises. They also stock pickled and smoked fish and wild smoked venison, rabbit, duck and pigeon. Competitive prices on sides of Loch Fyne smoked salmon are hard to resist and they'll source products, even offering free delivery. Building on their reputation for supplying fine fish to Glasgow restaurants they opened the Fish People Café in 2013 on the same site, serving dishes like cullen skink and seared tuna, hand-dived Barra scallops and Shetland cod.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- Capacity: 30
- Open since: 2013