- Telephone 0131 476 1920
- Bar open Mon–Fri 8am–8pm; Sat/Sun 9am–8pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–7.30pm; Sat/Sun 9am–7.30pm.
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Primarily an upmarket delicatessen and off-licence with a wide and well-selected range of local and international meats, cheeses, wines and dried goods, Relish has become a familiar stop on the way home from work for Leithers who live around the Shore and a popular snack bar for lunching local workers. Despite being a very small part of the business, there are also a few seats within the shop, although it’s not so easy to expect the personal touch when there’s a lunchtime rush on. A range of fresh salads, soups and sandwiches are made to sit in or take away with your coffee, while the bread and cakes are all homemade and the service is efficient and professional.
- High point: Good quality food made for you or to take home and prepare
- Low point: The lunchtime rush gets a bit hectic
Relish is the local deli if you're based at Leith's Shore, where you can call in for coffee and a croissant on the way to work and pick up a nice bottle of wine or beer on the way home afterwards. A decent selection of hand-cut cheese, charcuterie and olives sits alongside vegetables and dried products, and there’s a well picked, though not enormous, range of useful cupboard-fillers: jams, condiments, biscuits, tea and coffee. Soup and freshly made-up sandwiches can be taken away or eaten in at one of a handful of seats.
- Delivery: Local businesses only.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 12
- Open since: 2002