Ryan's Cellar Bar
- Telephone 0131 226 6669
- Bar open Mon–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri 10am–1am; Sat 9am–1am; Sun 9am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Thu 10am–10pm; Fri 10am–10.30pm; Sat 9am–10.30pm; Sun 9am–10pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.ryansbaredinburgh.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Straddling a corner a few metres from Princes Street’s West End, Ryan’s Bar enjoys a prime location. So, it’s little wonder that it attracts a clutch of regulars and is also a haven for tourists. Pictures of old Edinburgh hang on the walls of the upstairs bar, which boasts an intricately decorated ceiling. There's now a separate restaurant in the basement area majoring in surf and turf (see review in Scottish section), though bar food is served in the main bar, while coffee and snacks are a popular option for the outdoor tables. Look out for local ales from breweries such as Harviestoun, while there's live music in the bar on Thursday evenings.
- High point: A bar with prominence and character
- Low point: Rarely a haven of peace and quiet
- Private dining: 112 in cellar
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Jazz on Sundays 5.30pm–8.30pm
- Capacity: 200