- Telephone 0131 220 5679
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11.30am–1am
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas bar open until 3am nightly
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11.30am–1am, Sun 12.30pm–1am. Extended in Festival
- Food served Mon–Sat 11.30am9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.revolution-bars.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
In the heart of Edinburgh University’s busy student zone in Chamber Street you will find what years ago was the Edinburgh Dental Hospital. Today there are happier reasons for opening your mouth wide and more sociable anaesthetics. Revolution, the 60+ UK chain of vodka bar nightclubs, has come to Edinburgh. Spread over two levels, the three bars and dining areas cater for groups wanting a fun night out. In fact, Revolution so keenly emphasises this enthusiasm that they will post photos of your evening out on their website so that you, your friends and pitchers of Club Tropicana can be visible to all the party poopers who had to stay home studying. The food menu covers the range of pub and bar standards thoroughly though rarely memorably. The dullish mezze selection features hummus and chicken skewers. Nachos are piled with generous toppings but over pretty average tortilla chips. The various burgers, 2-4-1 on Mondays, are large but a bit on the flabby side.
- High point: A wonderland of flavoured vodkas and creative vodka-based cocktails
- Low point: A visit to Revolution is not all about the food
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laidback chill out by day; up beat, eclectic party tunes by night.
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £14 per bottle