- Telephone 0131 554 1979
- Opening times Sun–Thu 10am–11pm; Fri & Sat 10–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Thurs 10am–midnight; Fri–Sat 10am–1am; Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £6.50 (soup and sandwich); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.thecompassleith.com
Homely neighbourhood bar, sustaining locals from breakfast through to dinner.
Recently under new management, this convivial Leith pub features an old-style long bar just begging to be sat at, a cosy wood-burning stove, exposed brick and comfy window seats. It’s proudly family (and dog) friendly too. As an all-day local it has its own rhythm: regulars propping up the bar throughout the day, nearby office workers popping in for lunch, parents taking time out over a mid-afternoon coffee and sports fans in for the big match at the weekend. Craft beers are well-represented by the likes of Beavertown, Five Points and Anchor Brewing and the food menu delivers competent pub grub staples such as fish and chips, pie of the day and a weekend breakfast. A recent extension split the space – as well as the bar, there’s a more restaurant-style room through the back, all of which ensures this homely neighbourhood bar appeals to all sorts of people for all sorts of occasions.
Comfortable bar and restaurant located in the heart of Leith, Edinburgh. Delicious food and drinks breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: sixties mix
- Live entertainment: Local bands on Fridays
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2004 (2009 under current owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16 per bottle