- Telephone 0131 554 1979
- Opening times Sun–Thu 10am–11pm; Fri & Sat 10–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Thurs 10am–midnight; Fri–Sat 10am–1am; Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £6.50 (soup and sandwich); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.thecompassleith.com
Homely neighbourhood bar, sustaining locals from breakfast through to dinner.
Recently under new management, this convivial Leith pub features an old-style long bar just begging to be sat at, a cosy wood-burning stove, exposed brick and comfy window seats. It’s proudly family (and dog) friendly too. As an all-day local it has its own rhythm: regulars propping up the bar throughout the day, nearby office workers popping in for lunch, parents taking time out over a mid-afternoon coffee and sports fans in for the big match at the weekend. Craft beers are well-represented by the likes of Beavertown, Five Points and Anchor Brewing and the food menu delivers competent pub grub staples such as fish and chips, pie of the day and a weekend breakfast. A recent extension split the space – as well as the bar, there’s a more restaurant-style room through the back, all of which ensures this homely neighbourhood bar appeals to all sorts of people for all sorts of occasions.
- High point: Proudly family and dog friendly
- Low point: Big screen TVs on during the day
- Notable dish: Pie of the day
Comfortable bar and restaurant located in the heart of Leith, Edinburgh. Delicious food and drinks breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: sixties mix
- Live entertainment: Local bands on Fridays
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2004 (2009 under current owner)
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16 per bottle