Guy's Restaurant & Bar
- Telephone 0141 552 1114
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30–10pm.
- Bar open Mon–-Sat noon-–1am; Sun 12.30pm-–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–-10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–-11.30pm; Sun 12.30–-9.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5–9pm; Fri–Sat 5–6.30pm; Sun 5–9pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £30 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.95
- Website www.guysrestaurant.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
One of the old guards of the Glasgow restaurant scene, Guy Cowan’s eponymous restaurant has been dishing out an eclectic and enticing spread of global food to Glasgwegians for 10 years. Nestled inconspicuously on Candleriggs, Guy’s small frontage extends back past the bar into a dining room where decor demonstrates a personal touch and the tables’ proximity means dining here can be a sociable affair – even if you happen to be eating alone. The menu goes wandering, meandering across countries and continents. There’s Italian risottos and pasta dishes made with homemade spaghetti coming with a choice of sauces; Far Eastern dishes of hand-rolled sushi, sashimi and bang bang chicken; French-inspired offerings including foie gras and saddle of French rabbit; and, of course, plenty of Scottish favourites. From macaroni cheese and minced tatties to Highland venison fillet and Aberdeen Angus cuts, anyone after a taste of Scotland won’t be disappointed – nor will anyone else for that matter given the breadth of the offering.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Popular classics
- Live entertainment: Piano & Double Bass Duo on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 30
- House wine: £15.65 per bottle