Dragonfly changed hands in March 2018 – expect changes to this quirky and affordable Grassmarket cocktail bar.
Recently taken over by two loyal customers, the Grassmarket's answer to a funky cocktail bar is finally receiving a long over-due makeover. That's great news, because the current set-up feels a far cry from the days when it was one of Edinburgh’s top drinking spots. Still the mezzanine, furnished with black leather sofas, appeals to first daters hoping to scooch up, while a large side room is ideal for private parties and proves popular with university societies. Untouched for over ten years, Dragonfly aims to remain appealing to the nearby art student crowd. But expect changes to the building's fabric and a more event-based diary including live entertainment, as well as pop-up street food kitchen takeovers. Watch this space!
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: hip hop/funk/soul/no charts
- Live entertainment: Stand up comedy Thursdays in December.
- Capacity: 192
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18 per bottle