WEST on the Green
- Telephone 0141 550 0135
- Seasonal times Xmas open until 1am
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–-11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30–11pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm Fri/Sat 11am–10pm
- Average price £19 (set lunch); £14.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.westbeer.com
A unique and wonderful German-Scottish mash-up within Glasgow Green's Templeton Building – a true Mecca for beer-lovers across the city and beyond.
The house where German-Scottish beer was built is in fine fettle indeed. You'd think with so much success they might become complacent, like so many of their competitors, but no, they continue to innovate, now moving into Singapore and Japan and a new function suite in-house. The setting within Glasgow Green is forever enchanting but with WEST's menu something wonderful has been added. A starter of Bayrischer Wurstsalat (Bavarian Garlic Sausage) or the sizable cured meats, breads and pickles in the Charcuterie Platter will almost certainly provoke a stab at the Nürnberger Bratwürst or the now famous Currywurst, two smoked bratwurst in a traditional curry sauce. Don't dare leave without washing that down with a Munch Red or St. Mungo's lager, as any good German would expect. Since we're now the leaders of the free world, why shouldn't we enjoy a mutually exclusive beer situation?
- Private dining: Up to 250 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A selection of classic hits - Open Ear tacklists supplied by brewery
- Live entertainment: Piano player on Mondays
- Capacity: 64 (private function room), 90 main room
- Largest group: 250
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £16.95 white/£15.95 red per bottle
Reviews & features
Best places for beer in Glasgow31 May 2018
The top places to grab a pint in Glasgow
We know that Glasgow, the home of Tennent's, has plenty of choice when it comes to bars and pubs. That's what makes it hard – which one do you choose and where can you find a decent selection of beer? We have chosen some of the city's greatest spots to…
Best beer gardens in Glasgow14 May 2018
Soak up those rare days of sunshine on these beer terraces and gardens
When the sun's out there's nothing like a cold beverage and good food in the outdoors. From Caribbean hangouts to craft brewery terraces, here's our selection of Glasgow's best bars with al fresco options.
Beer Gardens in Glasgow1 Jun 2009
Summer is all about the great outdoors, so there's nothing sweeter than enjoying a pint in the sunshine. Here's our guide to the best beer gardens in Glasgow.