The Pavilion Café
- Seasonal times Spring: Apr–Jun Mon–Thu 10am–5pm; Fri/Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–5pm; Autumn: Sep Mon–Fri 10am–5pm; Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–5pm; Oct Mon closed; Tue–Sat 10am–5pm; Sun 11am–5pm.Closed November–March.
- Food served Summer: Mon–Wed 10am–5pm; Thu–Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Website fb.com/PavilionCafeEdinburgh
Family-friendly vegetarian cafe on the Meadows.
On the edge of the Meadows and just across the road from Bruntsfield Links, the café in this converted cricket pavilion comes to life each spring offering coffee, vegetarian food and cakes. The menu includes soup, mezze plates and veggie wraps, including roast veg with tasty baba ganoush, studded with hits of salty black olive. Alongside cakes and traybakes, sweet things include raw vegan baking from The Raw Ginger Piece. Great for families thanks to a kids' menu and good-value prices, it’s ideal on a sunny day for sitting and playing outside. When more typical Scottish weather hits, it’s still good for cosying up inside or just for grabbing a coffee on the go.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: ska
- Capacity: 17(16 outdoors)
- Open since: 2012
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.