The Ben Nevis
- Telephone 0141 576 5204
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–5pm.
- Website www.thebennevis.co.uk
Like and old friend, the Ben Nevis is always there offering up the best whisky in the city, with a range of beer including some great small Bavarian ales.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
For anyone who remembers pub life before the Ben Nevis, it was a dystopian world where warm beer and generic whisky ruled. Fast forward to today and the possibilities within this self-proclaimed ‘celebration of all things liquid’ (food is very minimally the Famous Killie pie and beans, that's it) are enough to make Doc Brown’s head spin. One entire wall is a playground for those who enjoy a good nip, and the bottled beer on offer is a distinguished mix of German, Scottish or South American descent. Those with an adventurous spirit should try the Asyla whisky from Compass Box or for a slightly peaty finish try a Lochranza or Arran 14 year old. If good beer is more your speed then look no further than the Beast of The Deep which, at 6.5%, will endeavour to send your spirits soaring.
- High point: Whisky just tastes better in the Ben Nevis
- Low point: Seats are tough to come by
- Notable dish: The Famous Killie Pie and Beans
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Range of traditional celtic music.
- Live entertainment: Sun, Wed, Thu 9pm–midnight live scottish sessions, traditional folk music
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle