The Seafood Restaurant
- Telephone 01334 479475
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm, 6.30–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 6.30–10pm
- Average price £22 (set lunch); £45 (set evening meal)
- Website www.theseafoodrestaurant.com
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
This glass-walled building with stunning views over the West Sands helps to shake off the stuffy reputation fine dining so often deserves. The menu has been stripped back to stark descriptions, with little indication of the provenance they pride themselves on – particularly when it comes to the seafood. And with dishes such as scallops with pork belly, cauliflower tempura and apple, they may not push culinary boundaries, but this is top-range stuff. Good value set menus make it more than a special-occasion spot.
This glass-walled building with stunning views over the West Sands offers fine dining with local seafood, naturally, a speciality.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £16 per bottle